Monday, August 06, 2007

An Eventful Weekend

I've just had such a weekend. It all started with PC Fair on Friday with Nataly & Ling Yew where I spent all day walking around the exhibition halls over at KL Convention Centre. Check out the link below for pix of our PC Fair adventure.

Quickly snap the picture-lah!

I woke up bright and early on Saturday morning at 6am. Did my Quiet Time then messed around with Multiply a bit before quickly packing some cleaning utensils and a change of clothes for the Dream Centre clean-up. I also packed up the items that I needed to send off through the Youth Team over to Yin Meng in Cambodia. It was wonderful working together with so many people in cleaning up the church premises. I felt privileged to be there and I guess that I've been feeling more & more privileged to be a part of God's work in the midst of all the messed-up-ness of my life.

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's Off to Work We Go

After cleaning up the section of church that was assigned to us Nat, Ling Yew, Tim, Kenneth & myself headed to Chow Yang and had brunch. The wantan mee I had was pretty good and Tim generously ordered some popiah to share out with the rest of us. It was Nat's first time having popiah and I think she quite liked it. WIth brunch done and out of the way we went to Angie's place to shower before Patrick came over to lead us in our book study. It was a hot and lazy afternoon but we persevered through it! Ha ha!

Nat, Ling Yew, Tim & I then hit Children's Church. I helped out a little with the song lyrics for worship and was just in awe as the kids worshipped. There was just something about their voices that made it special.

The Kids in Worship

We stole off for a bit at around 5 and went to this awesome pan mee place nearby. YUMS! The day did not end yet as there was still church after and dinner together with Jac & Shawn. I was really blessed to have had so much company over the weekend.


Pan Mee

Sunday was good too! I did a lot of chores in the morning. I swept and mopped the whole apartment, wiped the TVs, wiped the fan in my room and also wiped the book compartment that was on my loft bed. I then cleaned the sink, toilet bowl and scrubbed the floors in the shared bathroom outside. Oh! I also folded my laundry too! I then had some time to play a bit of Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition after lunch. I rested a bit this afternoon but just couldn't sleep and lay there in bed with my eyes closed.

I got up at around 3-something and played some more RE4 before pushing off for the SIB KL BM fund-raising dinner at Golden Palace Seafood Restaurant on Jalan Pudu. It was nice being there and experiencing how they celebrated their upcoming church building. The evening was full of dances and singing. Although the speeches were kinda long. Ju sang 6 songs for them; Shackles, Teman Sejati, Sambutan Gemilang, Satu Suara, One Golden Celebration & Belaian Jiwa. I never tire in hearing Ju sing the same songs all the time cos' I just love her voice. It reminds me why I continue to work with her and to support her cos' I really believe that her voice is used by God to touch people in their hearts.


So that was my weekend this week. Exciting huh? But it has been tiring and this week marks another step closer towards the end of 2007. Time really does fly. It just seemed like yesterday that I had just gotten back from Singapore!

I hope everyone of you had a good weekend just experiencing all that God has for each of you.

No comments: