Thursday, August 02, 2007

Heavenly Sword: The Demo

I stopped by my regular gaming haunt (Gamer's Hideout) at Cineleisure today and had the chance to play the Heavenly Sword demo. The graphics are awesome but the gameplay leaves much to be desired. I mashed buttons all the way through the short demo and am not too impressed by it. If this is what next-gen gaming is all about then Sony's really got a lot of catch up to do to get to where Nintendo is at. I'm having loads of fun with my Wii despite the fact that it's not a graphical powerhouse compared to the Playstation3 and the Xbox 360.


The above is an image of Heavenly Sword that I got off the official site. The pic features Nariko, the hot red head who is the heroine for the game. Incidentally the game features tonnes of motion capture work done by Andy Serkis (Gollum in the LOTR Trilogy) and his team of actors & animators. Hollywood is crossing over into video games in a big way but having all this motion capture work doesn't do a thing to evolve video games at all.

Give me my Nintendo Wii any day. Oops ... the Wii isn't really mine. It's shared with my brother. So give US our NIntendo Wii any day.

No comments: