Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Epiphany
Oh wow ... I can't believe it's been 2 years since I signed up for this account. Blogging has come a long way since then. Believe it or not, I've not posted anything here since I got this account and since I'm currently pretty bored sitting here at my part-time copywriting job I guess it wouldn't hurt to write something. When I signed up for this I was a web programmer and right now I'm pursuing my dream to write. Talk about evolution or am I actually devolved? Whatever it is; I suppose I'm taking steps in the right direction ... although one might argue that writing programs could be considered a form of writing too. Ha ha!

Pardon my ramblings but I'm just writing whatever comes to my mind at the moment. I have absolutely no point to make here and I have absolutely no reason to write. But I shall write on anyway ...

After much self-analysis over the past 26 years of my life, I have come to the conclusion that I am addicted to escapism. (insert mad laughter here) How have I come to that conclusion some of you may ask? Well ... I think it's because I seem to find life as depicted in novels, comic books, movies and video games to be a heckavu more interesting ride than my own life. By comparison the exploits of a character or group of characters in every single one of these mediums is a whole lot more exciting than our boring mundane lives.

Anywayz, I've decided that this blog shall be dedicated to all my escapism exploits; everything from movies, books, comic books (comic books aren't really books you know?), and my all time obsession right now ... the magical & hypnotic world of video games. If you counted the number of hours I spend reading reviews, previews and gaming; I'd say I spend maybe 10 - 15% of my life losing myself in games.

So check back every once in awhile. I suppose writing is a much better way to spend my time compared to surfing around the same sites. It's a much healthier creative outlet. Since I still have nothing better to do, I'll probably write about some of the games I've finished playing recently.

Peace.

1 comment:

Nicholas Prose said...

It's only taken you two years, eight months and twenty seven days to write your second post. Dude, you've just set a new record for procrastination :P.