Sunday, August 16, 2009

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Revisited

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Naughty Dog's "Uncharted" has gotta be one of the best games I've played. Ever. I picked the game up a week or two after I bought my PS3 and boy am I glad I did. Since the sequel is gonna be released in a couple of months time I decided to revisit the game over the weekend and it's been great playing through the game in its entirety on a higher difficulty level.

Nate & Sully

What makes "Uncharted" such a great game? Well, first and foremost "Uncharted" has a great cast of characters; first you've got Nathan Drake who is the protagonist who incidentally just happens to also be a descendant of historical figure Sir Francis Drake. Nathan or Nate of short is ably assisted by long-time partner and friend Victor "Sully" Sullivan and journalist Elena Fisher.

Nate & the lovely Elena Fisher

The voice acting is Hollywood grade and the script has everything you'd want in a summer blockbuster. Playing "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" is sorta like watching a movie with you in control and it has an Indiana Jones-isque feel with memorable villains and mysterious locations. The backstory has some historical elements in it; add in a dash of the supernatural and the entire experience is made all the more complete.

Mr. Drake & his fist meet Mr. Jaw

Stay Hidden, Stay Safe?

The game is fast-paced and the action never lets up. Nathan Drake engages in gun & fist-fights with pirates and mercenaries; makes death-defying leaps and climbs plus locates treasures in the entire course of his adventure. "Uncharted" is a thrill-ride and it's a game that all PS3 owners must play. It's not a very long game but what it lacks in length it more than makes up in gameplay & story.

Duck & Cover!!!

A Big Leap of Faith

Exciting Vehicular Action Await ...

What's great about it now is that "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" is available as a Platinum Range title which means you'd be able to enjoy the experience at a lower price! Either that or you can hunt for a copy online. Trust me you won't regret it!

Box Art

As for me, I can't wait for the sequel "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" ... I better give my pals over at Gamer's Hideout a buzz to reserve a copy of the new game. I can't wait!

No comments: