Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mornings


Breakfast for Your Soul

What's the first thing on your mind when you get up in the morning?

I get up each morning usually with the things that are on my heart. The things that matter. Whether it's work or that special someone. Stuff like that ... and I think I've learnt by God's grace to always run to Him the moment I open my eyes when I wake up.

My mornings are special and my day is never complete unless I spend a good half-an-hour or so quietening down and just basking in the Presence of the Father. My day goes off tangent usually if I don't have that sliver of precious time to talk to Him about the stuff that I'm struggling with and now more than ever I'm learning how to listen rather than to just blab my mouth off.

I guess the point I'm trying to make this morning is for you (the reader) to take a moment and to spend a bit of time with God today! I know not everyone who reads my posts are Christian but that doesn't mean you can't talk to God right because you can!

Anyways, I'd love to hear about how some of you spend your mornings or how you start the day off. So drop me a line right here on Multiply or drop me a comment on my oft unmaintained blog at http://surfgod.blogspot.com (I know, I know ... Multiply requires you to sign-up to comment and stuff which is a bummer).

Here's a short verse that I wrote this morning that sorta summarises my mornings.

Mornings
My mornings are times spent with Him
My mornings give me the strength to run life's race each day
My mornings remind me to walk the narrow way
My mornings keep me centred on Yahweh Elohim

No comments: