Sunday, April 06, 2008

Fight Back to Work


It's been a long but fruitful week of adjusting to work at UberFusion. It's great having structure now in my life. And it is such a blessing to have a stable source of income that is more than sufficient for life in the big city. More than that is the fact that I feel very at home in my new place of work. It feels as if I've been there all my life and I really do thank God for this job and also for my colleagues whom I clicked with almost instantly (um ... of course it helps that I'm talker also la).

Having said all that I do know that the late hours will come but I hope that my workload will be manageable so that I can continue to do all that is needful for Four Forty Records after office hours. For the next 2 months at least I know that I'll have to concentrate on adjusting to working full-time again. I'll write more about the job once I'm settled in.

My point to all this is that I didn't know how much I needed structure in my life till circumstances forced me into a flexible work role. I left my first job to figure out what I wanted to do in life and it's ironic that I'm back at job that's very much like what I did at Arachnid. I have figured out that music is something that is a part of me so it's great that I get to build Four Forty Records up still. The challenge is having to work a full-time job at the same time.

I guess what I wanna say is that we all need structure in life and work provides a framework to build upon. I do hope that the time will come when I can go back to running Four Forty Records full-time but for now this is what needs to be done. For my good and for the good of the label.

Wish me luck and I'd appreciate your prayers.

Cheers!

No comments: