Saturday, September 01, 2007

Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka!

Did you know that Tunku Abdul Rahman shouted Merdeka seven times at Stadium Merdeka when we achieved independence in 1957? I betcha you many don't know that cos' I thought he only did it 3 times till 3 days ago. Ha ha ha ha ha! How sadly unpatriotic I am but nevertheless I love Malaysia to bits. I doubt I'd ever leave this the Asian Garden of Eden that's full of such delicious delights!

It's been a wonderful Merdeka weekend that started with Juwita performing at IKANO's Golden Merdeka Celebration Street Party. That was a blast and I got to meet Zainal Abidin, Reshmonu & Vince! We hung out with Vince & his sister Vanessa most of the day and chatted and chatted and chatted! It was fun! Got to meet Hannah T too and she's like super nice! I don't have any pix of myself though but that's generally the case when I wander around snapping shots with my camera phone.


Ju singing "One Golden Celebration"


Fireworks at the Stroke of Midnite!

On Merdeka day itself I spent half of my day at The Curve cos' we needed to complete our registration for the Gemilang Merdeka Race which a bunch of us had entered together. Managed to catch some of the festivities which included a marching band all dressed up in kilts! It was good fun and we waited for a balloon drop but unfortunately none of us won the iPod Shuffles that were up for grabs. Gah!


The Curve Marching Band!

And just today 6 of us made it into the finals for the Gemilang Merdeka Race! Yay! Hopefully my team-mate and I will be able to do our best and perhaps win the Macbooks! It'd be so nice to have a new laptop. My iBook's getting a wee bit old.


The Curve Gemilang Merdeka Race 07 Gang!


After the race the boys and I went over to Subang for some paint-ball & we shot some pool to celebrate Shawn's upcoming wedding to Jac. I'll put up shots of us in our get-up but needless to say it's been a good weekend. I found myself thinking of "her" some but I guess we just gotta move on and live life right?

Boys' Nite Out!

The weekend's still not over yet though! We've still got the race tomorrow and I'm gonna fill up more time and live life as full as I can. Maybe I'll spend a bit of time on the Wii as I just picked up a copy of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption plus I just figured out how to buy Wii Points online so we (my brother & I) can now download Virtual Console games! Heh heh! It's been a good weekend so far and I just thank God so much for life and for being able to enjoy it more even though I still wake up most mornings with such a deep ache but He's been there and He always will. He makes my days better! Definitely!

For more pix click here! Cheers everybody and happy 50th Merdeka to all my fellow Malaysians! MERDEKA!!!

No comments: