Thursday, October 21, 2004

Quality Written

Amazed. Yes. Amazed. That IS the state I am in now. A M A Z E D. James (mah boss) pointed me to this blog called Fly or Die and boy can that girl write. Choice words does a BLOG make not just random rambling or prattling. By comparison my writing sucks! I spew out my thoughts and that my friends is creativity times zero. I forget that BLOGs in essence are a form of entertainment. Intellectual entertainment for the zombied masses who up till now have been inundated by MTV & Hollywood fare. Modern society has lost something precious the day the television was invented. Honestly ... how many people actually read nowadays? Sadly I too have succumbed to the temptation of idiot entertainment. It ain't wrong mind you but today as I write this my eyes have been opened & my senses awakened. Time to jumpstart reading in my life but where do I start? That, compadres is the 5 million peso question. Someone, anyone please suggest something to me; fiction preferred.

By the way, if any of you chance upon a magazine called Pinch do pick up a copy. It's free! So all you cheapskates have no excuse to pick one up. My first published article lies within those pages. And YES it's a paid article! I haven't even been paid yet but it was a proud moment to flip through the mag and see my name in print. The article wasn't worth that much monetarily but it's a first in my portfolio of published work. An ego booster indeed.

Whoops! It's 5:41 now and I'm supposed to drop by 1U to purchase some fake eyelashes for a video shoot tonight. I hope the salesgirl doesn't think I'm some sort of cross dressing freak or something. Incidentally my iD is nudging to pick up a copy of Paper Mario since I'm gonna be in 1U anyway. Hmmm ... we'll see how. Guess we'll find out tomorrow or something. Heh!

Wingapo (go watch Pocahontas if you want to know what it means).

1 comment:

Yahkid said...

Yup, Fly or Die can sure write. I read her blog occasiaonally.